About two weeks ago I turned 25 and I am happy and blessed to be where I’m at in my life so far. If you’ve been following my “Taking a Leap of Faith” series you know I made a big move 3 months ago to a bigger city to pursue my career. Last year I made three goals to be achieved by the end of January of 2012…
- Be out of my mother’s home before 25.
- Relocate to a bigger city.
- Find work in the media/communication field.
I am happy to report that on January 27 my last goal was achieved. Last Friday I was told I got the job with a company I know I can learn from and grow with professionally. I start work tomorrow and I’m both excited and nervous. I am so happy I was able to achieve these three major life changing goals. Here’s a summary of steps I had to go through to get to my goals…
- I worked two jobs – 1 (Full-time), 1 (Part-time).
- Saved $5000 to relocate.
- Maintained a very strict budget.
- Applied to at least 2 – 3 jobs daily.
- Documented each job I applied to by keeping a journal.
As far as a summary of my job search…
- Applied to a total of 37 jobs.
- Out of those 37 jobs interviewed for 6.
- Out of those 6 jobs got 2 offers.
So far I feel like I’m on the right path and I am pleased to say I am in a happy place in my life.