So instead of going for yarn twist which I had originally planned to do, I opted to try something totally different. This time around I went with a straight weave and had it sewn in by my mother. I have to say I’m really loving it. The total time it took for my hair was about four hours that’s including her braiding my actual hair in cornrows and sewing it in. I have none of my real hair out which is the point because I wanted to give my hair some time off, so all the hair you see is weave.
So here’s a list of things you should know about the sew-in I got …
- I made sure I deep conditioned my hair the might before getting it done.
- The weave I bought was expensive but worth it. I paid $70 its human hair which means you can curl it and wash it. The brand of the hair is called Remy it’s a very good quality and doesn’t shed.
- My head was very sore the next day because my actual hair is not used to being braided (it’s been years).
- I have to wrap my hair at night which I don’t miss from back in the day when I had perm, but it makes the hair look a lot better.
- This sew-in can stay in for at least 3 months if I take care of right.
So that’s pretty much all I have to say about it, I really love it and I love the fact that my hair is resting underneath. I’m not use to wearing straight hair but it’s all about trying something new.
p.s. because I work so much I usually throw pics of my hairstyles on fbook first so if you want to see more pics let me know so I can add you.
What do you think? Any questions?